Saturday, October 02, 2004

Some Friends' Links Added

Recently I added a few links to the side bar that I hope were not missed:
Actually one of my current room-mates Andre "DD" Brizard. We call him French Bob because DD is the French slang for Andre, like Bob for Robert. DD is from the south of France, a little place called Arles, reknowned for its artists chopping off their ears. Thus far, DD's are intact. But, there's no knowing what this crazy composite artist will get up next.
Nigel and I know each other from Radical Entertainment in Vancouver where we worked together on the HULK video game. Nigel was responsible for much of the lovely lighting and superb texture painting in that game. Here's wrestling with "The Wild" at C.O.R.E.F.A. in Toronto right now. Nigel is totally self-taught.
Otherwise known as Jean-Paul "Casanova" Rovela, and my other Frenchie room-mate. J-P is a 3D Lighting Technical Director at The Moving Picture Company like me and showed me the ropes when I first arrived to the studio. Thus, the reason why I can understand what he says in his own "je ne sais quoi?" accent while others are constantly left wondering "was that English, French or what!?"
Matt is a bloke I met more or less straight away after arriving to The Moving Picture Company, and we struggled to together on the Whomping Willow sequence in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. As they say in England "there's something of the lad" about ole Matty-boy. He's promised to take me to see some "Footy" before he heads off to seak his fortune in New Zealand. As he is a compositor, he'll putting the final touches on Peter Jackson's King Kong.
Adam was my Visual Effects Supervisor on Alien Versus Predator. Adam and I share a pseudo connection with Spain. We both like living there, for similar reasons, but have both failed miserably to make a living in computer graphics there. Which in turn, is how we ended up at The Moving Picture Company. Oh well, we continue to conspire.
Jay is currently lost in the wilds of the Yukon. No-one knows quite what he's doing up there, but then again, neither does Jay. The son of a former Reform Party MP, he continues to bewilder us with his passion for the off-beat. Oh, yeah, he's heck of an animator too.
Doug and I met working on a little show called Beast Wars Transformers at Mainframe Entertainment circa 1997. Doug is currently trying to break out of the Toronto area animation business on his own. Good luck, dude.
This is Neil's Blog. Neil is a good friend and confidant from my Mainframe days. Neil and I became good friends on a kayak trip in the Broken Group off of Tofino. It had something to do with Neil getting funnier and funnier the more awful honey liquer we consumed around the camp fire. He's had me in stitches ever since. I owe this web log to Neil actually because he was the one who introduced me to the fine art of blogging. He's a leader in the field. If you need an inspiring comic book suggestion, get ahold of Neil. Neil is also a very impressive traveller.
Geoff is another friend who I first met while attending the Vancouver Film School, but it wasn't until I went to work at Radical that Geoff and I (he started on the same day as me) got a chance to brave the computer graphics unknown together. Geoff is the king of the "I have a plug in solution for that" school of computer graphics. He was my "go to guy" on the Hulk cinematics team in terms of adding that little extra to all our shots in the composite to take them up a notch, and in most cases, several notches. I also owe him for all the ripped off software I have ever used.

1 comment:

[The User] said...

Don't listen to his lies! In no field am I the leader; it would be unseemly.