Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Working for a Knight on a film about Knights

As you may or may not know I have been doing some "digital cinematography" work (fancy stuff, huh?) on a little film called Kingdom of Heaven (formerly called The Crusades). I have had the chance to run into Sir Ridley Scott (he was knighted), the film's director, a couple of times. Not to say that we've had a pint down the pub and chatted about the good old days, but you know I have seen him in the studio when he arrives with his entourage to look at the work and so forth. He gave me a "hey wassup?" nod and wink the other day. Famous people like him have a hilarious effect on people. Sir Scott is definately one of those people with gigantic character who "fills the room" when he comes in. He is very comfortable in the studio though, and doesn't seem put off at all by all the geeks and computers. In fact, he just seems a little grumpy and bored most of the time! He'd probably rarther be down the pub. Anyway, pretty fun to be around when he is in the studio. Quite a thrill to be working on a film by the man who made "Blade Runner." I can remember thinking when I first saw that film... "Man, if I could do that..."

Click here for an early seak review of a test screening. It is probably malarky, but there it is!

No comments: