Thursday, May 12, 2005

John Gajdecki Interview

Click here to read a great, informative, and open interview with John Gajdecki, Visual Effects Supervisor. I am envious of two things primarily when I read through the interview:

1) my relative late arrival on the visual effects and animation scene in 1996. I should have stuck with my teenage dictionary flipbook animation masterpiece that much longer! I knew it!
2) the wealth of practical knowledge derived from on-set experience. I have been locked in computer monitor tunnel vision land for far too long and I think I would benefit from the "live" experience so much... definately a goal in future job opportunities.

Anyway, for those of you out there hoping to glean a few helpful hints for your own experiments in visual effects, or perhaps just looking for a some added insight into the behind the scenes world of visual effects shot production, check it out!

No comments: