Sunday, October 29, 2006

Aquí Venga El Otoño! Autumn is Here!

With a great rush of wind and no lack of Mother Nature's enthusiam autumn has blown its way into our lives on the rainy twilight coast of Vancouver. How beautiful it is too! Although I can't say that I relish the thought of the coming "shoulder seasons" of rain before and after the snow, and therefore mountain amusement, makes its annual appearance, I am more than happy to usher in the coming of fall. This year's long, hot summer seams to have contributed to an abundance of rich auburns, reds and yellows hanging in the trees around our neighbourhood. I love the coming of fall. Something unmistakeable changes in the air... A coolness in the morning, the sun at an ever more glancing angle sweetening the light, and a general clearness of the air. I am moved to think that also a clarity of mind comes creaping in...

1 comment:

Francisco Carreon said...

Hi shawn,

I enjoy youre posts, somethimes lol. anyways as a good mexican and spanish speaker I have to correct the title of this post, should say.

El otoño ya llegó o el Otoño ya esta aquí.

I hope you don't get offended my intention is only to help and I hope you critique my comp work one day too.