Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Winter Wonderland!

Well no-one really expected this! A massive (by west coast standards mind you) snow storm has rolled over southern B.C. this week. This is the view off of my back sundeck looking pretty much due east at Mount Seymour. Those three peaks you can see are called "The Pumps." Although this has meant all the usual crippling fallout around town with people and infrastructure basically not dealing with it all that well... I have actually really enjoyed it! I love winter! You know, it is a cool thing when the buses are so crowded the driver is just having a laugh with people, letting people on at both ends without worrying about getting all the fares simply because he doesn't want people to be out in the cold! Amazing. As I got on the bus this morning in a decidedly messy morning commute and looked around at all the different faces and heard all the languages being spoken that I couldn't understand, yet people are all happily co-existing all crammed tightly together... Well I couldn't help but feel a little more upbeat about the world. Simple as that.

1 comment:

[The User] said...

Awesome! Couldn't agree with you more.