Thursday, July 17, 2008

Watchmen

Every once in a while a film trailer is released that returns me to the days when as a young teenager I "discovered" the cinema. I remember that absolute thrill of anticipation during the "coming attractions" at the theatre that ran in front of the feature presentation. What will be coming out next? Now the experience seems cluttered with "trivia" which is really moronic and dull slides. Call me a purist, but there were times where the experience of the film's trailer superseded the experience of the film. Before it all became so clichéd. When the feeling of "I just can not wait to see that film!" was all consuming. Remembering and holding on dearly to the memory of that experience has served me well. An excited glimpse of one possible future urging you to return to the cinema another day... With that, I give you the film I have more anxiously waited for than any other this year... Watchmen!

No comments: