Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Back To The Big Smoke... Again!

I am back in Soho to finish my work on Kingdom of Heaven. I should be on my way back to Vancouver by the middle of February, however, if all goes according to plan. So, it will be a short stay in England for me in 2005. There are just 6 weeks remaining for this production and it is beginning to feel as though we are in the final rush to get this pig through the pipe! It is not the most enjoyable part of the production as it is quite stressful, but at least we are firing on all cylinders and getting things done. It is a very fulfilling feeling when you know a project is on the eve of departure after a lot hard work and long hours.

I am exhausted at the moment though. Jet lag is the culprit. It is so much worse when traveling in this direction (west to east). Traveling home to Vancouver seems to not even affect me. You leave London say at noon, and arrive the same day in Vancouver at 2pm, after 10 hours flight time. You try to stay up as long as you can that first day back to the coast and that's it. The next day you're a little tired, but not really fatigued. Coming from Vancouver to London is a different story. I believe it has something to do with missing a whole day. Since arriving last Thursday, I have been regularly exhausted by mid-afternoon, but unable to sleep until past midnight, and then up like a light switch before 6am. This morning, instead of lying awake and failing frustratingly to fall back to sleep, I got up and went to the gym. I had to do something to break the cycle. I felt like a block of cement while there, but I think it might have done the trick. For the moment, I am even more exhausted than yesterday afternoon! Perhaps I will sleep through the night tonight! When will the insanity stop?

No comments: