Thursday, January 06, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven

Here's a link to the official website for the film I have been working on as a member of the visual effects post-production crew. It is called Kingdom of Heaven, directed by Ridley Scott, and The Moving Picture Company is the sole visual effects vender on the picture, so we are all pretty excited. I have been doing technical director chores again (lighting computer graphics elements like armies, seige machinery, catapults, flaming balls of fire, etc.) like the last couple of gigs. I believe it is the most visually sophisticated project I have yet to work on and a few of my shots rival those I worked on for The Matrix: Revolutions in terms of brute force and complexity. The principle photography is nearly unanimously gorgeous, which makes lighting to "match the plate" a real pleasure. You can learn so much about lighting computer graphics well when you have such amazing source photography. As evidenced in the trailer, the film seems to borrow some of the "Ridley Scott look" of his previous films, which makes it feel a little derivative, but it works in this case, so all power to him! For once, I think the majority of "me mates" may actually want to see the work I have been doing... I don't think there was a lot of support for the toilings of the Walshman in the case of Alien Versus Predator! I have had a real blast on this one.

No comments: