Friday, February 18, 2005

Lo Siento Gente Estaba Incomunicado!

Sorry for not posting anything too relevant or interesting recently. Not to say that ever happens here, but... My life has been blowing by like a gail force wind these days. I have bearly been aware of the relevance of time. Which in and of itself is both a good and a bad thing. I am back in Vancouver after 6 final frantic few weeks in London finishing up my work for The Moving Picture Company on Sir Ridley Scott's "Kingdom of Heaven." It feels great to be back in Vancouver largely because the weather has been so stunning. Perfect February weather! Cold at night, down to minus 5 degrees at times, and warm and sunny in the day, up to 12 degrees. I have been out for a road ride nearly every day since coming home. This is what can be so great about Vancouver. I realise now that the past 6 weeks was a tough time emotionally for me since I was away from Megcita for much longer than we had planned, and it was not at all an ideal end to our time in Europe - with her here in Vancouver and me stuck at a desk in Soho. But, I was enthusiastic about going back to Soho to finsh the project and in the long run I think I will be glad that I did. I had a great time seeing some of my work finalised (well, sort of, a couple of my shots were still in compositing when I left!), and I had some fun times outside of work. I suppose I was lucky in that the time went by very quickly due to being so busy, and it did give me a chance to say a proper farewell to friends and colleagues that I did not have before Christmas (including a Gilliam-esque short film lampoon of my working life at MPC which was a hoot to do!). A highlight had to be the last two weeks spent living in Brixton with Jordi and Eli, my Spanish friends from Barcelona who were so gracious and kind for putting up "pobrecito yo!" It was quite hilarious to learn that my aquaintence from Madrid Luisma Lavin (who is coinsidentally also a friend of Jordi and Eli) was also visiting for a few days while he applied for work in London. This lead to some very fun times with Eli, Luisma, and also Pablo El Tufarisimo who was back from Argentina to work at The Peerless Camera Company, and of course his chica bonita Noe. There was a couple of very fun nights "charlando sobre Noe's bebidas fuertes!" at Bradley's Spanish Bar. All in all I am very gald to be back home of the west coast of Canada, and getting in touch with friends and family here. Not to mention my lovely wife who seems a bit of a stranger given recent events. Time to put an end to that! I am sure I will miss Soho in some funny ways, and of course I instantly miss all of the people who made living and working there worth it!

No comments: