Thursday, September 30, 2004

Megcita esta en Madrid

Meg has left for Madrid. We will see each other in Barcelona in a week or so where we have a full weekend planned! It should be great. We had a hard time finding accommodation, because there is a "feria" going on - a kind of celebration. I am not sure about what though. I guess that may add to the atmosphere. Barcelona has always been a place I have wanted to go, so I am looking forward to it immensely. It will be my first trip to Spain since June. I have really fond memories of our trip to San Sebastian in 2001, during our bicycle trip of France, so I hope "Espana el norte" treats us well again!

The past few weeks since we arrived back in London have been really great. My hours at work have been reasonable, which I am sure will end soon, but it has been great while it has lasted. I was able to head home for lunch and dinner almost all the time, and Meg served up some amazing treats after her many trips to the markets around. We also had some time to just chill out on the couch, which was great because I have to admit to being fairly exhausted after our "holidays!" French Bob introduced Meg to the television series "24" on DVD, and she is now a committed addict! Meg has been speaking French a lot with The Black Pepper and French Bob, so I am sure they have had fun with that. Now only if they could teach me some.

Meggi will be continuing a translation contract she began recently, and begins another round of "clases de Espanol" soon. She has hastily moved back in with Pedro in Vallecas due to the fact that her flat-share situation in Cuatro Caminos dissolved when Maria secured employment in the south of Spain. I am actually really glad she is back with Pedro, and I hope that she has some more great family bonding experiences. We may be headed back to North America soon, so it is a great opportunity, for her and Pedro to continue their friendship.

No comments: