Thursday, November 25, 2004

The Time of Year for Work and Flu

Seems to me this time of year is always filled with a ton of work, and many folks struggling through illnesses small and large.

I have a moutain of work at the moment, but I am enjoying it. There is always a sense of relief when the crunch comes, because at least you know "now its the crunch." Sometimes waiting is worse. Just getting down to it is a welcome relief from the anticipation of all the work to come. And then, of course, after pinning it for three weeks or so, you end up asking yourself "just exactly why did I want this again?"

I got a bit of a sore throat this week. See what I mean? That's the last thing I need. To go through the run up to Christmas horrendously busy at work, with Meg arriving to London in a few days (thank god) and be ill! No way man, not gonna let it happen! So it is home I go to dose myself with some kind of tranquilizer and drift off to sleep listening to the gorgeous tones of Michel Nyman's score for the film Gattica.

No comments: