Thursday, July 21, 2005

Third Wedding Anniversary!

Last night I took Meg for dessert at Primativo, a posh tapas bar on Abbot Kinney, to celebrate our third wedding anniversary! We "reflected" on the great times we have had the fortune to experience over the past few years and especially our recent time in Europe. It was tough at times with things like our separation due to lack of work for me in Madrid, which forced me to got to London, and then the bombings in Madrid... But it was also exhilarating to be in two amazing cities and to really experience them in a way that you only can by living and working! there... In much the same way as we have gotten to know Los Angeles of late. If you'd asked me on our wedding day "Walshman, where do you see yourself in 3 years?" There's no way in hell I'd have been able to say "yeah, in 3 years time, I see myself sipping an Oloroso made by the great sherry bodega of Pedro Ximenez in Jerez, Andalucia, coupled nicely to sampling of peach torte, at a posh Los Angeles tapas bar while reminiscing with my wife about our adventures." Crazy. Not to mention the fact that we'd be celebrating Meg's 14th week of pregnancy as well! Meg had made a beautiful meal at home prior to the desert - fish tacos! which is another new addition to our menu for which we have Los Angeles to thank. So all in all it was a tasty way to celebrate our good fortune. We also looked ahead to our impending move back to Vancouver with real excitement - Meg going back to work at Stratford Hall School, and me finding a studio to hang my hat, and then the arrival of "el niƱo" in January surrounded by family and friends. The year ahead looks spectacular and next year will be celebrated with an additional member of the family! Wow! It all seems to have happened so fast...

No comments: