Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Megalicious in London for the Weekend

Well, at long last, Meg and I will be together in London for a weekend! She finally had the opportunity to get away from Madrid for a few days, and seeing as I remain a "studio slave" for the next few weeks finishing up Lighting Technical Director work on Alien Versus Predator, she has booked a flight to come up to The Big Smoke. However, I think she may be the victim of some "weather revenge" for the last trip to Madrid (with Andrea in May) when it poured non-stop for four days, because the lovely early summer weather we have been enjoying in London of late is supposed to cool off over the weekend, with potential for some real English summer action. No matter, I can't wait to take the weekend off from work!!!

Meggi arrives in the wee hours friday morning. We will be going out to Marlow (near Windsor) on Saturday because I am racing in the regatta there. I think it is going to be ugly. With the prospect of three 2Km races (heat, repechage, and final) in one day, I am a little intimidated. Greg Scherkoske has man-handled and rubber-armed me into trying to get a birth at Royal Henley with a couple of other English dudes in a straight four. Wouldn't that be a capper to my experiences in England? To race at Royal Henley as the most out of shape oarsman in the regatta! The Walshman strikes again! I am afraid not!

We also have tickets to see Bebo y Cigala (of "Lagrimas Negras" fame) at the Barbican Centre on sunday night. We are meeting with some of my "new Spanish friends" in London prior to the concert for dinner, which should make the evening really memorable.

At some point we are hoping to meet up with Regina's mom and dad for a beverage as well. But that's Meg's department, so I don't know what is happening there!

I am really looking forward to this weekend as the "beginning of the end" of our "forced separation" this year past year which really began way back in San Francisco when The Matrix ran over and I had to delay going to Europe. We have really gotten a lot out of the experiences we have had both as individuals, and as a couple, but we are tired of it now, and besides, being apart sucks big time! As Meggi says "we're such good room mates!" We'll see what the summer brings, but for the moment I think we are just thinking about spending a heap more time together in the coming year. I have commited to working on Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven at The Moving Picture Company and that takes us through the end of October. Which will give Meg further opportunity to study Spanish splitting her time more between here and Madrid than before, and focusing on the DELE examination superior level. Who knows after that! At this point, I really don't care about anything except being together.

No comments: