Monday, March 21, 2005

I've Been Hasselhoffed! For Real!

Yesterday, Megcita and I went for our first "beach ride" on the bikes. We road out north from Marina Del Rey through Santa Monica and hooked up with the paved beach riding path that goes all along the beach which was packed with folks out skate boarding, roller blading and riding bikes of all sorts. We battled a wicked (and apparently rare) head wind for 15 kms north and a little hill ride up one of the canyons leading to Sunset Blvd. It was nice, although a bit of a "couch ride" do to all the "moving targets" on the path.

As we made our way back to the Marina I noticed a couple of dudes on bikes standing and chatting to a rather tall swarthy bloke. Being tall myself, I tend to notice other tall people in a crowd. I am not sure why, maybe it is just that I am used to always "looking down on folks" that I notice when I am not. Anyway, as I road by... I look over my shoulder and right at the Bay Watch champion himself: David Hasselhoff! I was hilarious! I had to turn back and ride by again, just to be sure, and there he was just crackin' bull with a couple of dudes on the beach. I nodded and said, "hey Dave, wassup?" as I went by and he pointed at me and said, no kidding, "yo, buddy, how're yah doin?"

Add to this the fact that Meg and I had a coffee sitting next to Jean-Claude Van Damme, walked past Don Cheedle and Chris Penn, and I guess you could say we have had a real Hollywood first week in Los Angeles. Although the debate about the ills of Hollywood rages on...

No comments: