Monday, April 04, 2005

Niamh Marguerite Anne Is Born!

Meg and I are Aunt and Uncle for the first time! My sister Andrea gave birth to baby Nia yesterday at around five in the afternoon and both are happy and healthy! Congratulations to Andrea and Gord who have now written page one in their new chapter together. We wish them the very best of luck as parents. My very pleased and overwhelmed parents, now proudly grandparents, gave us the news last night. I have yet to speak with Andrea and Gord as they are still at the hospital I guess, but I can't wait to hear from them! The little baby girl's full name is Niamh (the Gaelic form of Neve) Marguerite (in tribute to Gord's Mom) Anne (in tribute to my Mom) and she will go by the shortened form, Nia. Incidentally, the Gaelic name Niamh means "bright and beautiful." Oh yeah, and she will share the Aries sign with yours truly! Making here an Aries along with Julie, my sister in law, my father in law Christian, and my grandpa Bud! The Aries are taking over the family!

1 comment:

[The User] said...

That's a great name your sister chose, Shawn. When I have a kid I'm going to choose a Welsh name despite my complete (I think) lack of Welshness. I'm aries too!