Sunday, April 25, 2004

The Man From Amsterdam

Well, not exactly. More like Barcelona, although he is arriving from Amsterdam! Jordi Legarre arrives this evening for a visit to London. He is a friend of ours from Madrid who we met through Marie-Laure Nguyen while I was at ESC Entertainment working on Matrix: Revolutions. He is an animator at a little visual effects shop in Madrid called Miopia. When I arrived in Madrid, Marie-Laure thought it would be a good idea for me to know someone there, and so she introduced us via email. Jordi has been taking English classes from Meg as well. He'll get lots of practice this week! Though, I have to say that you could have sworn that I was in Madrid from the amount of Spanish I heard in the street yesterday. I guess for years and years, there have been a ton of Brits heading to Spain (apparently more per year than any other EU nation including Germany) and now there are more and more Spaniards venturing to London for work and what not as their exposure to English keeps increasing. Well, I hope Jordi has a good time, and especially so if the weather holds up! Perhaps it will be a chance to see something myself as well!

No comments: