Sunday, April 04, 2004

Nos vemos pronto amigo Marco!

Well, I am a little sad today as one of my new friends from The Moving Picture Company, Marco Iozzi, is returning to Italy to work after spending the majority of the past year in London working on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban as a Colour and Lighting Technical Director. Marco and I have become fast friends. Intelligent and fun loving, Marco was a real delight to have around the studio, always cracking jokes and calling me "the bastardo Canadiense." With Marco's assistance, I was able to get a regular group of "Goodfellas" together most afternoons to take a break from the grind, and go for a coffee at Caffe Zilli on Brewer Street. We had some great conversations, even if Johnny and his growing "Pavarotti Project" were incoherent and hyper active most afternoons, Kissbalaz was "talking craps" that no-one understood, and The Black Pepper was embroiled in his British Museum soap opera!!! As a parting gift, I gave Marco a copy of Bruce Robinson's towering classic of British cinema "Withnail and I" so that he can remember fondly the real Londoners! We will all miss the Pequeno Italiano de Verese!!!

Nosotros lo deseamos buena suerte!
Ciao Marco!

No comments: