Saturday, April 10, 2004

Spring Break in Madrid

Well, a short one just to say that I'm having a blast being back in Madrid. I have had a chance to get caught up on some much needed shut-eye because things have been incredibly quiet in the city with the Semana Santa holiday weekend taking a lot of Madrileños "afuera de la ciudad." Yesterday we tried mostly in vain to take in some of the Easter Processions, but honestly it was not all too interesting for a non-religious bloke such as myself and I was all too happy to take in a flick instead - especially because the clear skies and blustering wind made spending the day outside in the street a fairly chilly affair! Most of the smart locals in their full winter coats faired better than I did. Still, very bizarre behaviour on behalf of the processionals with their strange cloaks and garments. I snapped a few photos of the costumes. We had a nice day today that started at Meg's new gym which is fantastic and very close to the school where she works, and then lunch at a great vegetarian restaurant on calle Malasaña before heading home to take care of some business. Dinner with Elen and Bart was as tastey, of course, and then heading out for a drink and great conversation with Colm and Liz was really refreshing. Now I am for the bed as I have a ride planned with Bart tomorrow! actually later today as it is late in the evening!

No comments: